Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A recent painting from Ingram, TX

Here is an image of one of the paintings that I’ve just completed as a result of my recent painting weekend with Plein Air Austin. http://www.pleinairaustin.org/calendar.htm#june This is the first time that I have joined the group on a weekend trip, and we had a lovely time painting along the Guadalupe River at Camp Mystic, and at this pond on the grounds where we stayed.


My process this time was to paint quickly on site, after completing the initial sketch.  I liked my start and was able to stop painting before I had over-worked it.  Later, I got out a fresh canvas and did the painting you see in this blog, working only from my sketch and first painting.  I like the level of abstraction that remains.




No comments:

Post a Comment