Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2016

Re-gifting a Blessing



...That's what I feel is my job this morning.  Blogging was not on my list of things to do this morning.  The list looked more like: clean and tidy, wash and fold, decorate and run errands.  Familiar, right?

But as I went through the morning’s email, I stopped to read one from Steven Purcell of Laity Lodge.  It had a link to a video.  As I followed the trail, I watched one then another and yet another powerful, artfully crafted video in a series called The Box Canyon.

    I took this in March - It's the Frio River, upstream from Box Canyon

If I could only choose a few words to describe the place and ministry that is Laity Lodge, they would be: hospitality, quality, authenticity, and gift.

And part of that gift, I discovered this morning, is this video series.  I encourage each of you to take 3 ½ minutes to view Box Canyon: Attending to Place, as your introduction to the video series and as your gift to yourself today.   Don’t skip the commentary below the video screen either, as it contains a wonderful definition of sacred space, as well as this: “To discover the universal, we begin by attending to the particular.” For more delights, visit www.theboxcanyon.org  

Thank you for taking time out of your day to look at this post.  And please click on the blue "follow" box so that I know I'm not just writing to my sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment